Caramel Spice Cake Baking Recipes
Time (Caramel Spice Cake Baking Recipes)
1 ¼ hour
Servings (Caramel Spice Cake Baking Recipes)
Ingredients (Caramel Spice Cake Baking Recipes)
½ cup butter softened
¾ cup light brown sugar
½ cup sour cream
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
½ teaspoon ground cardamom
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup white sugar
½ cup heavy cream
½ teaspoon salt
Directions (Caramel Spice Cake Baking Recipes)
- For the cake, sift the flour, baking soda, spices and salt in a bowl.
- In a different bowl, mix the butter and sugar until creamy. Stir in the eggs and mix well then add the sour cream and mix well.
- Fold in the flour mixture then pour the batter in a 9-inch round cake pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 350F for 35-40 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan.
- For the glaze, melt the sugar in a heavy saucepan until it has an amber colour.
- Stir in the cream and salt and mix well. Keep over low heat until smooth.
- Allow the caramel glaze to cool down then drizzle it over the cake just before
Nutritional information per serving (Caramel Spice Cake Baking Recipes)
Other baking recipes