Are you from outside Nigeria graduating from a university or other higher education institutions? Want to represent your motherland by engaging in NYSC this Year? then you need to know about NYSC registration for foreign graduate
NYSC registration for foreign graduate – SCHOOL QUALIFICATION
The originals and photocopies of the following documents are needed for the registration and recruitment of foreign-trained graduates into the National Youth Service Corps (Note that Certificates / Transcripts downloaded, Results Statement and Letters of Attestation are not acceptable).
- First University Degree or HND Certificate
- Complete official transcript of the First Degree or HND course
- Marksheet (for Indian Universities only)
- O’level certificate i.e WASC, GCE, SSCE. NECO, IGCE, GCSE, high diploma for those schooled in the USA, etc. Note that Online Result Print out is not acceptable in place of the original certificate
- Candidates must obtain credit in not less than five (5) subjects (including English and Mathematics) in not more than 2 sittings.
- Please note that persons who did TOP-UP program/Course are required to upload their foundation certificate eg APTECH, OND, NIIT, INFORMATICS, etc.
- Medical doctors and optometrists are required to produce in addition, evidence of Housemanship, registration certificate with the medical and dental council of Nigerian/Optometrists Association
- Pharmacists shall produce in addition, evidence of completion of internship and registration certificate with Pharmacists Council of Nigeria.
- Nurses are to present the original License and certificate of registration with the Nursing/Midwifery council of Nigeria.
- Medical Laboratory Scientists are also to present their license and certificate of registration with Medical laboratory scientists of Nigeria.
NYSC registration for foreign graduate – Travel Document
- Entry visa to the country of study.
- First Departure Date from Nigeria).
- Date of Return to Nigeria after the period of study
- Data page of the passport
- Graduates with dual nationality are required to upload data pages of both International Passports and present the Passports for verification at the camp( where more than one passports were uses during the period of study, the candidate should upload data pages of all the passports)
- Residence permit (for graduates from institutions located within West African Countries Only).
- NB: ONLY NIGERIAN INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT IS ACCEPTED FOR NYSC MOBILIZATION.
NYSC registration for foreign graduate – In event of loss of International Passport
A prospective member of the Corps is entitled to obtain the following in the event of loss of international passport:
- Police and Immigration report from the country where the Passport got missing
- Sworn affidavit
- Evidence of stay in the country of study and a new International Passport
- Personal Data page of the newly obtained International Passport must be uploaded
- Prospective corps members should ensure that Passport photographs used meet the following specifications
Things to note
- Holders of Diploma of Higher Education and Higher Certificate of Education are not qualified for Mobilization. Therefore, they need not register
- Attestation Letter, Letter of completion of course, To Whom It May Concern letter or any related document is not acceptable in lieu of Degree or HND Certificate, please.
- The statement of the result is also not acceptable in lieu of any certificate.
- Please note that NYSC reserves the right to refer to Federal Ministry of Education for verification, any institution or document which status is questionable
- Married women would be deployed to the State where their husbands are domiciled, provided their marriage certificates, husband’s identification eg Drivers License, International Passport, National ID card and evidence of change of name are uploaded/Presented.
- Foreign Trained Corps Members should not send their credentials home after preliminary registration in the Camp until the credentials are physically verified by duly assigned officer(s) from NYSC, National Directorate Headquarters Abuja.
- Any Foreign-Trained Corps Member who is relocated must show evidence of physical verification of his/her credentials he/she is registered in the state of relocation.
- Oxford Brookes, Professional Certificates, Correspondance Courses and Certificates through online courses are not acceptable
- Scanned, online printout or photocopies of Credentials are not acceptable.
- Foreign graduates who are exempted from service must present all academic credentials and International Passport uploaded for physical verification at the Evaluation Division, Corps Mobilization Department, National Directorate Headquarters, Abuja before Exemption Certificate is issued
- Foreign graduates who are excluded from service must present all academic credentials and International Passport uploaded for physical verification at the Evaluation Division, Corps Mobilization Department, National Directorate Headquarters, Abuja before Exclusion Letter is printed
- From 2019 Batch ‘B’ Orientation Course, all Foreign-Trained Prospective Corps Members are expected to present themselves for physical verification at the various centers selected during the online registration
To begin registration, click here