Chocolate Fudge Cake recipes
1 ½ hour
½ cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup hot water
¼ cup of cocoa powder
¾ cup butter softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
½ cup sour cream
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
½ cup of cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons whole milk
- To make the cake, mix the chocolate chips, hot water and cocoa powder in a bowl.
- In a different bowl, mix the butter and sugar until creamy and pale. Stir in the eggs, one by one, then add the sour cream, vanilla and oil.
- Sift the flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt then incorporate it in the butter mixture, alternating it with the chocolate mixture. Begin and end with flour.
- Divide the batter between two 9-inch round cake pans lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 350F for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow cooling then remove the cakes from the pans and level them. Place aside.
- For the frosting: mix the butter and powdered sugar for at least 5 minutes until creamy and fluffy.
- Add the cocoa powder, salt and milk and give it a good mix for 5 additional minutes.
- Use half of the frosting to fill the cake then decorate it with the remaining half.
- Serve right away or refrigerate until serving.
Nutritional information per serving