Hi guys. Welcome to latest jamb news update.
If you’ve been searching for
jamb change of institution 2020/2021,
jamb change of institution 2020 closing date,
jamb change of course 2020 closing date,
when is change of institution closing,
jamb change of course and institution portal,
can i do change of course after post utme,
jamb change of institution closing date,
change of course after admission,
then this article is for you.
It’s no news that jamb change of course and institution takes place year in year out.
Jamb 2020 change of course and institution is still ongoing. Before I go into the procedures for jamb change of form and institution and also why you should change your course and institution, read on carefully.
If for some situations and reasons you want to change your course and institution, believe me, you are not alone on this boat. A countless number of people want to also change their course and institution.
Now, let’s see why you should change your course and institution
Reasons why you should change your course and institution
There are countless reasons why one should change his/her course and institution. I’ll be listing the reasons I feel is a good enough reason.
Your jamb score
If for one or two reasons, your dream was to study medicine, because of fear of strict competition you opted for biochem.
Finally, you ended up scoring 332 in jamb. This is the right time to change your course back to Medicine.
Similarly, for those going for a competitive course but find themselves on the low side in terms of jamb score, it’s better to change your course to a less competitive course you like.
Because las las, I doubt there is any course that is meaningless.
Loss of interest in the course/school
Like I said earlier, no course is meaningless. If for one or two reasons you are going for a course or an institution because someone wants you to, I expect you think twice.
If you have an iota of interest, feel free to go ahead. However, if it’s a course or institution you don’t fancy, this is the right time to change your course/institution.
Recommended: Top schools that don’t require Jamb to get admitted
Mistakes in Jamb subject combinations
Jamb has made use of English the only compulsory subject.
This means that you are free to put any subject combination for any course in jamb utme exams.
Any error made will affect you either during post utme or clearance. If any error is observed, I’ll advise you to change your course to one that meets with the subject combination you chose.
Steps For Jamb Change Of Course And Institution
- Visit Jamb portal by clicking here
- Enter your username and password
- Login to your jamb profile
- After you have logged in, you will see correction of data at the left sidebar. For phone users, you will need to click the menu to access Correction of data. See the arrow in the image above to locate menu.
- Click on correction of data.
- Under correction of data, you will see course/institution, names, date of birth, gender and LGA. Click on the one you want to change or correct.
- You will be taken to a payment portal
- Click on pay and continue to payment.
- Follow the steps to pay either online with remita or bank. You can make your payment online via JAMB portal. If you are having difficulties doing that, you can pay to the bank. You need ATM Card to pay online via remita
- Fill the form you are given to fill, follow what you are told and JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
Also, note the following;
– You can change your course or/and institution at the same time.
– Once the form is submitted, you can no longer make any changes again except for change of course and institution that can be done twice.
-There may be a limited number of schools or courses you can change to, so be sure to have 3 or 4 options, just in case the one you want to change to is not available.
– The cost for the change of course and Data correction is N2,500.
– You can use the one-time payment of N2, 500 to change your institution, course, name, date of birth, State and Local Government of origin.
You Proceed, ensure the following;
- That you know exactly the Changes of Course/Institution you would like to make changes to.
- Please ensure you do your research to ensure that the school you are changing to does not usually cut-off higher than your score.
- That you can change one or all your courses/institutions at the same time.
- That once the form is submitted, you can no longer make any changes again (or else the system has changed)
- That you select a Course/Institution that aligns with your subject combination. If you don’t do this, your school will screen you out…
- There may be a limited number of schools or courses you can change to, so be sure to have 3 or 4 options, just in case the one you want to change to is not available.
Note: Change of institution allows candidates to apply for a change of course or Institution immediately after the release of results. This service has a time-lapse.
Jamb change of institution 2020 could also be done at approved cbt centres through your Jamb profile.
Recommended: How to Pass Jamb without stress
Kindly share and leave your comments below